Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kicks, prayers, and Jesus...

These are the things that make my world go 'round these days! My sweet baby boy's kicks and movement, friends and families prayers for us and this pregnancy as well as our hearts, and Jesus who is my all in all and sustainer of each new day. My sanity is dependent on them!  

A few updates...

Baby Boy Schuelke:

Yup, that's right...still no name! And probably won't have one, at least to the public, until he's born! Makes it more fun that way and the fact that we are just indecisive and need to meet him first! :-) That day is getting closer as I have reached the 31 week mark today! It's amazing how fast it's gone and then sometimes it feels like forever!  He is a very healthy boy and growing lots! He is actually measuring a little ahead at recent sonograms and I've been told I have a little more fluid then normal. I've tested negative for gestational diabetes, which is what they often credit for extra fluid. They say sometimes it just happens for no reason and is just more uncomfortable for momma to carry. But I'll take it if that's the worst I have to endure! They will just keep an even closer eye on me as it raises the risk of preterm labor. I will begin going to either my OB or high risk doctor once every week until he arrives, so it gives me a lot of peace that we will be watched closely. He is very active and moves a lot, which is so comforting and great confirmation that all is well. My OB doctor says at this point she doesn't want me to go past 39 weeks, but all will depend on his development. I am hoping to go into labor naturally without being induced, but ultimately I will do whatever is good for our baby! Only the Lord knows his birthday, and I am completely content in that. Your continued prayers are much appreciated! I will try to update more regularly throughout the next couple weeks. I have to show off a picture of his sweet little face and profile at my last sonogram! I just love technology!






We have been very blessed by our wonderful family and friends over the last couple months! Our brother-in-law Nate took my maternity pictures and they turned out great! He is so talented! I will dedicate a post soon to show more of them off, but for now here is a couple teasers...








I also had my first baby boy shower in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Sept. 9. It was seriously the cutest shower I've ever been to with so many thoughtful details. I felt so loved and blessed by all who came and prepared this wonderful shower! Thanks to you all! Here are some collage pictures I stole from my friend (and one of the hostesses) Lesley's blog, along with some others.  





Wonderful hostesses!
Lesley Gilmore, Whitney Hicks, Jo Wahl, Kelly Birrell, & Aubrey Myers









Blair Nicole:
I am so excited to announce that Blair's well with Holden Uganda is finally underway! We are hoping that it will be complete by her first birthday in heaven, November 11. I can't wait to share pictures and the complete story of how the Lord blessed us with the funds to build this well! It makes my heart smile to know that something life changing will be given to Ugandans who otherwise wouldn't have had hope- all because of our precious daughters short life on Earth. She has changed our lives and is changing lives around the world! Such a blessing! 

On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 3:00 we will be participating in Memorial Walk for Babies in Midland to honor Blair's life. It will be such a special time with our family and other families who have lost their babies and want to honor them as well. If you live in the Midland area, we would love for you to join us! The website should have all the info you need and I also posted a link on my FB page with more info. You can also email me if you have any questions- bnschuelke@gmail.com. I am hoping to order Tshirts by Sept 27, so if you want one, let me know. They are $15 for adult and $12 for youth....pink or turquoise. You can also order one yourself on the website. Looking forward to this special time!


Other family news:

Both of these announcements will have their own future post, but thought I would at least mention them for extra prayers! Blair and our baby boy will have TWO cousins very soon!!! The first will be Lydia May who will be only 2 months older then our boy. She is the daughter of my sister and her husband . She is expected to arrive before, after, or on Sept 27. We are so excited!! They will also have another cousin 2 months younger then our boy! Clint's sister and husband will be expecting their son sometime around January 24. So much fun! They already have 2 cousins, Stratton (4 in Nov.) and Truett (2 in Oct.) Scott (Clint's older sister and husband) so the fun will never stop for both sides of our family! Did I mention that we have some pretty excited grandparents as well?! ;-) 

Thank you Lord for the many blessings you have given our family! All the praise and glory to Him alone! 












2 comments:

  1. Brooke, what a beautiful blog site. Thanks for the updates and sharing great pics! How fun to see your baby boy's face! What a beautiful gift, a gift of life for Uganda families. My continued prayer for you. I was traveling home the day of your shower in ABQ. Sorry I missed seeing you, but look forward to a visit in the future!

    I am so happy for you and Clint and family.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke,
    It was so great to finally get to see you and hug you at your shower! I'm sorry I didn't see the blessing tree somehow though :( Just now seeing this blog as we were in Peru I guess when you posted it. Very beautiful post, especially about the well in Uganda. That is just so special and such an incredible way to honor Blair!

    Keeping you in prayer and know that the Lord has you in His very special care. Praying for physical comfort, peace, and of course safe delivery of your little boy! That picture of his sweet face is unbelievable and beautiful!

    Prayers and Love to you all,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete